9.14.2011

From the desk of Beckham T. Benson

Month of Merriment Edition.



Apparently I had a birthday.
Mama and Dad keep asking me how old I am now. I kindly answer, "three." Because I am smart, and I know my numbers. They keep trying to tell me that I am two, not three. But I know better. Us three year olds know these things, and they just need to accept that.


My birthday picks during our weekend in Lake Tahoe all started with "B". Because all things/people that start with "B"are awesome. Like boats and beaches. And Beckham. And Boston Red Sox.  But that's neither here nor there.


Mom and Dad get confused because when I am doing something I really, really love, I get really, really serious.


Just soaking up the moment, ya know? 


But they think I am bored and then don't understand why I scream when it's over and beg for more! I mean, can't you tell I was having the time of my life kayaking with my dad?!


And roasting "mamallows" on the beach? Clearly, I've never had so much fun in all my life. 



Again, Mom and Dad could learn a thing or two from this three year old.


Mama made me my favorite lemon cake for my birthday! She enlisted Dad to help her make the sugar glass for my aquarium "forsh" (fish) cake. I love forsh and aquariums so I was really excited! I overheard Dad mumbling something about becoming a candy-making man slave while he stirred the sugar. All I know was, it tasted really good.



I went ahead and helped myself to my cake. Look, see that orange flag on the treasure chest? There they go, thinking I'm two again. It's a good thing I ate that treasure, and tried to eat the flag.



Life in the water is the life for me!
I like birthdays, and Lake Tahoe! And I like being three! (two)


3 comments:

Tia Bowen Films said...

oh man, i couldn't love this kid more. he looked so thrilled the be on that kayak that I very literally laughed outloud. Looks like a very wonderful 2nd birthday... better than many of my own. He is a very lucky three year old. (two)

Jo said...

Ditto to Tia's comments! However Tia, you did have some pretty amazing B-days if I do say so myself. Do you remember making Pom Poms for all of your guests and creating a party game using the Pom Poms? And who can beat a sprinkler under the trampoline for party entertainment? ; )

I have to agree that Beckham's mom is very talented and creative . . . and fun! What a wonderful 3rd (2nd) Birthday. Loved your post Teigs! XO

Valerie Beasley said...

So cute, Teigan! Bryce said he was three for a few weeks after his 2nd bday, too. I don't know where he got it from. Now he'll tell you he's two because his Grammy showed him how to hold up two fingers (sort of). Happy Bday, Beckham!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails