We have an accidental birthday tradition with my sister and brother-in-law, since we all celebrate birthdays in August. Instead of singing "happy birthday" to each other, we sing something else that's awesome. This year, I got "Hokey Pokey", Tay and I rapped "Gangsta's Paradise" for Cam, and Tia got "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow". I'm looking forward to hearing what Taylor gets next week.
On my birthday, I wished for lots of raspberries, enchiladas suizas, and fruit pizza. Wishes were granted in Lovelock Park, even if I had to make my own birthday cake.
Since we don't have friends or family here, we decided our big party would be a trip to Lake Tahoe. Each of us picked something fun to do there in honor of turning another year older. Lucky for us, we all wanted to do the same things. Win-win-win.
Here are a few highlights from day one in beautiful Lake Tahoe:
Beck's favorite moment,
Taylor and Teigan's favorite moment,
and the "me trying to entice you into coming to visit us" moment.
Come! I'll bake you a cake and take you to the mountains.
I think my last year in my 20's will be a good one with these two by my side.
Even if we never make any friends :).






8 comments:
Some how I doubt the two of you will have any trouble making friends even in Lovelock! Happy Birthday to all.
yay happy boirthdays all around:) you are so gorgeous.
Aww, I love lake Tahoe. I used to live by it, in yerington. It's about the same feel as lovelock. One road kinda town. I have actually been trying to convince Chris to make that our big trip next year. Want some visitors. ;)
Oh and you will have many many friends very soon!
Also, hit up Yosemite. It's really close and gorgeous!
come. I will bake you a cake and take you to the mountains- well sign me up!! those are some wonderful pictures, and I was chuckling quite heartily at the beginning, we had some good song picks this year. quite the raaaaaange. anywho- B is looking so BIG!!!!!
First off that fruit pizza looks amazing mmmmmm. Happy Belated birthday. I hear ya about making friends its not coming as easily to us hear in South Dakota. Everyone is nice just not real out going. I got nobody....I miss Nebraska. Its a good thing Ben has an 8 to 5 job with weekends off so we get to spend more time together in the evening and all weekend doing stuff or I would be lossing my mind. Lake Tahoe looks beautiful! I have always wanted to go there, maybe someday. Miss you guys.
What a fun trip! Keep celebrating!
X O : )
since I am coming I now expect a cake.thank you
Seriously, you guys know how to celebrate. And really, like others have said, I seriously doubt you will never make friends there....whoever doesn't become friends with you three are DEFINITELY MISSING OUT...
Post a Comment