8.31.2011

Two years in two minutes.


Every morning, as I'm prioritizing my to-do list, I think about this quote from Anna Quindlen:

“…the biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make…I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of the three of [my children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages 6, 4, and 1. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. 

Some days I do better than others. But everyday, I have to remind myself to slow down and savor these fleeting moments as time flies right on by.


My boy turns 2 tomorrow, and I can't wait to start his special day with brown sugar biscuits and a side of nostalgia. I have been writing Beckham letters on a private blog since before he was born. I am in the process of making it into a book, and love to go back and read about the little details that have shaped his life so far.

If you are anything like me, the popular Google Chrome: Dear Sophie commercial is hard to watch with a dry eye.  When I first saw it months ago, I immediately thought of all the letters piling up on B's blog.  It inspired me to do the same with my own letters. This is my copycat/nowhere-near-as-genius version of their amazing video, Beckham style.   


Song: Sort Of - Ingrid Michaelson
Video: Recorded on iPhone, 8 mm App

17 comments:

The Borgman's said...

I smiled, then cried, then laughed. I don't know how you did that cause I am not as computer savvy but it sure was moving. Mission accomplished.:)

n.davis said...

Way to make everyone cry. ;)
That was seriously beautiful! You are such an awesome mama!

Anonymous said...

I seriously love this! Blame it on the pregnancy hormones but I totally cried while watching that. Happy birthday to your little guy!

Unknown said...

I'm boo-hooing over here. Such a beautiful video. Love it!

kdance said...

That is darling!

Melissa said...

I think Blogger deleted my comment, bummer. Love this! You are one awesome momma! Happy Birthday Big B! We miss you all!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Ok, you are officially awesome. So good!! I want you to have my baby so he/she feels as special as Beckham will when he gets to watch this. Can we work that out? Thanks.

Monique and Michael said...

We just watched this together as a family...kayden said she wants to cry, kaylee said the cutest thing ever, kyler asked a million questions about Beckham and kynz blew kisses at Beckham the whole time. You successfully made 4 little girls fall in love. We love the Bensons!!!!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

That is absolutley adorable. What a great idea...wish I would have thought of doing that. You are awesome!

Tia and Cam said...

you did a wonderful job! It probably doesnt hurt that you are good with the words and B is good with being the cutest. He will love this! I do.

Emilee Porter said...

Love Love this! It seriously is so beautiful. You are such a great Mama and Beck is so lucky to have you!

Hey I just got a new Mac, wondering if you used iMovie to create that and if it's very hard?

Miss you. Much Love, Em

Chris and Jessie said...

Wow, your creativity is amazing! The movie was so sweet and precious - love it!

Unknown said...

Sheesh Teigan. Thanks for making my cry like a baby missing my lovely Bensons. Miss you guys and that cute boy Beckham. We need to skype...soon.

Foulgers said...

OMGSHHHHHHH, I loved that, the cutest thing ever. You are such an amazing mom!

Jacob said...

you are so amazing. i want to be your kid! man, such a great idea, and sooo inspiring. i love every second of it. i want to just keep watching it over and over. i love it!

Heather said...

What a great video to treasure with your boy. Loved it!

The Doyle's said...

WOW, i can only dream and hope about James Henry being two!!! What a wonderful little man you have. You must be so proud, he is so blessed to have you both as parents!
Many more happy and wonderful years to you and your beautiful family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails