8.05.2011

Lovelock, we're hoooooome!

Beckham and I haven't been in the same place for more than three weeks since May. It has been so fun being gypsies and seeing so many people that we love, but it is fantastic to be home in our own beds and settling into our new apartment/routines/life after the bar. 

Our new little place is slowly coming together. I got us mostly moved in before I left, but now comes the organizing. It's amazing how your own furniture and some pretty pictures on the walls makes any place feel like home. We're hoping Lovelock decides it likes us.

I snapped a few photos on my phone during my morning run for those of you wanting to see our new 
town. 
L: Main Street/ Downtown Lovelock. Huge, isn't it?           R: The Cowpoke Cafe. One of four restaurants in town. 
"Lock your love in Lovelock".
 Lovelock borrows some Chinese tradition and has places you can buy a special lock, write your names on it, and attach it to the chain. Then you throw away your key to represent your everlasting love. Taylor and I have yet to declare our love in Lovelock, but one of these days we'll have a romantic evening and make it Lovelock official.

So far my favorite thing about our new setup is that I can walk to Taylor's office on days he isn't traveling the circuit. Beck loves to climb the stairs of the court house and watch the trains come through town. 


Tay's domain.

Sometimes Tay lets us into the court room, where B loves to play. Isn't he the cutest little witness you ever did see? 

Maybe I should have spent more time running this morning, and less time taking pictures. But here's a glimpse into our new life. Pretty much picture Radiator Springs, (Beck's latest obsession is Cars) and you've got the idea.

This weekend we are taking a break from organizing to explore the desert. I LOVE that weekends are weekends now. No more studying! Have I mentioned how happy we are to be together as a family again? It warms my heart to see these two playing together, even if Taylor was teaching Beck how to burp in this picture.

Post bar life is good. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for Radiator Springs' cousin...Lovelock. Love the pictures, I have been super curious! I'm so glad you guys are together again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails