7.30.2011

Red, white, and blue

I try and wear it all week long. When July 1st hits, out comes my red, white, and blue stash.  It has kind of turned into a month long thing now, and I realize I am a little out of control.

Yes, someday I will be that 90 year old lady with a giant flag vest. Can't even wait.

This year, I celebrated the 4th with my little, my mom, and Grandma Mac in St. George. I try to jot down a little recap of our day for Beckham every night before bed, and the July 4, 2011 note turned into more of a grateful list. Wouldn't Oprah be proud!? Here's a little snippet of our Independence Day, and my little list:

Feeling so much gratitude today. Thankful for so much.

For snow cones, for flags, for patriotic concerts that make me teary eyed in gratitude, for the service men who stood up bent with age and as we applauded their bravery and sacrifice. 

For watermelon, for fresh corn on the cob, for a sweet blonde boy who melts my heart on an hourly basis, for a sweet husband working hard for his little family.


Grateful for parents who support me, for red rocks, for swimming pools, and for a grandma who forgives me for burning a hole in her carpet with sparklers.


Summer rocks. So does America. So does my husband.
Counting down the days till we're all together again!

Canada and the rest of our summer pictures coming someday soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails