7.03.2011

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Platform 9 3/4,  Honeydukes,  Flying Car
Ah, Where do I even begin?
The Monday after graduation week, I left Beckham at home with his dad and Grandma Kathy for a girl's trip to "Potta World". The Scoffield girls reunited in Orlando and were pretty giddy with excitement. I was a little nervous about leaving Beckham for the first time, but with a lot of fun distractions and lots of FaceTime, it was all good.

I am not even a little ashamed to say that I am a huuuge Harry Potter fan. I am also not ashamed to post a picture of some pre-Potter World duels that went on as we got ready in the hotel room.

And then, we were there:

Let the heel clicking and butterbeer drinking commence. 
We documented most of it on our phones. 
For the record, the frozen butterbeer was our favorite. Multiple butterbeers were consumed.

The park, though smaller than I expected, did not disappoint. We were all in our own little muggle heaven. I think my favorite part was eating dinner in a corner booth at Three Broomsticks. We drank pumpkin juice (it tastes like autumn in a cup) while sitting in a corner booth and pretended we had very important things to discuss.
Fizzing Whizbees at Honey dukes, Ollivander's Wand Shop

We went to sleep happy, all snug in our beds, while visions of Hogsmeade danced in our heads.

We toasted Orlando with a chocolate frog the next morning!


And then I flew home and didn't stop talking about it for a week. Most of my friends, and definitely my husband, just humored me.

It's a good thing my mom and sisters are only an owl post away.

4 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

Oh WHAT A FUN TIME! I want to go and take my girls! I love that you are a huge Harry Pottter fan. Me too. (Candace has a HP quilt, but she probably doesn't share that with everyone). Looks like a great trip, I loved your post!
OH, and the security word to have this post is sestr. to me it is like seestra, which is how you say sister here in Russia. Good sestr trip!

n.davis said...

Oh my heck. I just want you to know..I love this post. Remind me one day to tell you my Harry potter story. It's awesome. I'm obsessed. I love it.

And it's hard to get away from the babes, but so needed. I'm glad you guys had a ton of fun!!

Tia and Cam said...

yes! sweet post! well said, now lets go back. I crave butterbeer

Jill Bowcutt said...

OK. This is so awesome! I'm a Harry Potter convert. Just now getting into it since we started reading the books to Parker. Jared is actually ignoring me as we speak while he finishes the 4th book so we can start watching the 4th movie. It's so much fun! I can't wait to take Parker (and Jared)to Potter world someday. And every time I read about butterbeer and pumpkin juice in the books my mouth waters. Can't wait to try it! Give Tay a big congrats from us for graduating. That's awesome!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails