12.02.2009

Confessions: Mom Edition

0-3 Months


- It takes every ounce of my willpower to not pick his little baby whiteheads.
- I like the smell of Dreft so much that I sneak my clothes into the wash with his as much as possible.
- My boy has a large head.


- I think his giant head makes tummy time less than enjoyable for him.
- I kiss his head 5,173, 547 times a day.
- Nicknames for our little man include: bubs, sweetpea, beaudreaux, Colonel Mustard (after the contents of his diaper), and Bobblehead Joe.
- Sometimes I feel like I have this Super-mom thing down.
- Other days I feel like I'm barely making it.
-At 3 months old, Beckham's favorite songs seem to be "Popcorn Popping", "Do Your Ears Hang Low" (or in B's case, "Do Your Cheeks Hang Low"), "All These Things that I've done", and lately, "We Three Kings" sung in an English Accent.
- He doesn't handle dairy very well, so, while trying to figure out the MSPI diet, I lived off of starbursts and graham crackers.  Who knew that milk and soy are in EVERYTHING?
- That being said, nursing has been quite the battle.
- He gets into the weirdest positions when we supplement with a bottle.


- When he smiles we both turn to mush.
- Pretty much everything he does turns me to mush.
- The other night, one of my young women said she liked Beck's shirt. I told her it was his "Eddie Vedder" shirt. She didn't know who I was talking about. It made me feel extremely old.
- I find it unfair that I have to lose this baby weight during the holiday season. What? Halloween Candy and pie aren't good for lovehandles?
- My baby boy farts like a grown man and it makes us laugh.


- It took me a month to not cry when he cried.
- I may or may not poke him while he's sleeping just to make sure he's breathing.
- I will do anything to make him laugh.
- He loves to relax in his bumbo and help me get ready for the day. The other day, after I was dressed, I asked him how I looked. He looked at me like this:


Is that a bad sign?


- My sister-in-law told me I officially joined the mom club the day he pooped on my jeans and I went to dinner in them anyway. And I didn't even care. Again, is that a bad sign?
- Nothing makes Christmas more merry than a bald spot, a mullet, and a Christmas tree.


- I thank God for every day I get to spend with him.
- I typed this post with one hand.

17 comments:

n.davis said...

oooh I want your yellow chair. I'm WAY to obsessed with the color. And i love his little shirt in the bumbo picture..aren't those bumbos amazing!?
They are so much fun to have, it's so funny what kinds of things they learn in ONLY 3 months. We need to get together when you're in utah next, our two babes need to meet.

The Smith Family said...

What a sweet, honest post! I guess I need to get one of those bumbo seats--I've heard such rave reviews. The Eddie Vedder shirt cracked me up, I love that you call him Colonel Mustard, the nursing issues I had too w/ my 1st (making me NOT want to nurse ever again, and I'm grateful that I attempted it w/ #2 because he was a pro, so don't count it out forever.), I think you look fabulous (bah, baby weight?), and his bald spot/mullet thing is perfect (both my boys did that too so I deem it ok!):) You're a great momma!

the peine's said...

I love this post...in fact, I love all your posts!!! You have the cutest family!!! And you're a great Mom!!!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

He is sure an adorable little munchkin!

Jade and Michael said...

You always have the cutest post!
And you have such a cute family! I can't and hope I get to see you over the holidays! Max is missing his best friend...

Monique and Michael said...

you make me laugh...love you much!

Melissa said...

Beckham is such a cutie! Kudos to you for going to dinner in true Mommy style, I love it.

Karly & Danny said...

I love hearing other mom's talk about all this stuff because literally I agree with everything you said! love it all especially the mullet!

Unknown said...

Oh teigan, I love every single one of your posts, most especially this one. mainly because it brings back such great memories or having tyler and the ups and downs of learning the ropes of motherhood. Love it. he is such a cutie!!!!

Chris and Jessie said...

I second your comments! I have gone through the same thing with Caleb but with his acid reflux I couldn't have anything with tomatoes, citrus, or anything spicy in general. It's gotten a lot better and now I can have dairy, for the most part. Have you tried rice milk? It's not too bad. BTW you look AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Love this post! I loved late night feedings. I was completely exhausted but I loved the peaceful time we had, just the two of us.

Julie said...

Cute! I can't believe how old Beck is. Doesn't it just fly by?! He gets cuter and cuter every time I see pictures of him. I love his outfits, that one of him with that hat is hilarious, he looks like a little old man! Spence and I were cracking up, we thought it was darling.

Hope all is well. . . when are you guys headed out here? Are you in Japan yet? We don't leave till the 26th, so if you get to UT before then, PLEASE call me!

Mauren said...

Love it! :)

Courtney ♥ said...

I love all your posts and pictures! Miss you guys. When will you be in Utah? We are having the annual Belcher Bruse Bday Bash at the Jazz Game Sat Jan 2nd luv to have our Bensons!

The Church's said...

I agree with all those things!! He is so adorable! I love the smell of dreft too so dont worry!

Jacob said...

yay i love your cute posts that you always do. seriously, your blog is so much fun. and your son. to die for. seriously, get me one of those already. if i could ensure it would be as cute as wee lil beck, i would do it today. so, i just showed jacob (my hubby) a pic and he goes, oh such a cute picture of anders! thats my nephew...so he thinks the two look alike! thats a great omen for the both of them. two little hotties. love you teig, hope you guys are enjoying the holidays!oh and ps, i love your yellow chair!

kdance said...

Oh my gosh, can I just tell you how much I love your blogs? You are hilarious!!! I can relate to everything you said--especially the picking of the baby zits and the poop on the pants. I'll add that Charlie peed on my bed the other day and I haven't changed the sheets yet. Yes, I'm a sicko.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails