"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." Victor Hugo
That quote has brought me a lot of peace over the last couple of days. It's 2 AM and I'm too nervous to fall asleep. My boys are both asleep beside me and it's nice to know someone is awake, watching over our little family.
My mom had a heart attack last Saturday. Quite the present for her 52nd birthday if you ask me. Through a series of miracles, my dad was able to get her to the hospital in Tokyo with someone who was able to translate for them and get her the immediate medical care that she needed. She had a stent put in and seemed to be recovering. Today she had a serious setback and was taken back into surgery. She is now stable and able to breathe on her own but they have her heavily sedated as they try to regulate her heartbeat. It's still so hard to believe my healthy, active mom had a heart attack! I wish more than anything that we could all be there by her bedside, but without a passport for Beckham, I can't go for a while.
At first I was too scared to pray. I wasn't ready to say "thy will be done." I just can't imagine life without her. But I have faith that things will work as they should, and no matter what, we will all be OK. Heavenly Father is watching over us.
We are fasting for my mom today and invite anyone and everyone to join us. Please keep her in your prayers and send that love over to Tokyo.
Jojo, we love you!
27 comments:
We love your mom and your family. Our fast is off by a day b/c we are in Russia as it will be our Saturday on your Friday but we definitely will join you in the group fast. We continue to pray for Jo's health and for her doctors to understand what she needs to be healed. Love you--we will pray for y'all!
Teigan! I am so sorry to hear this. My heart and prayers are going out to you! Here's to a speedy recovery.
Prayers for your family and for your mom's medical team in Tokyo! My thoughts are with you, I know how hard it is to have parents so far away, and I can't imagine the additional strength it takes at a time like this - but whatever that is, I know you have it!
Oh my word, Teigan, I'm so sorry. That is so scary! Your family will definitely be in our prayers.
oh Teigan, I am so sorry. I can't imagine what you are going through. your mother will be in my prayers. Be keep us updated!
teigan - it's kathy (nemeth) from kingwood. i was so sorry to read this about your mom. i truly love her and she was such a great leader to me as a young woman. i will keep your mom in my prayers, as are my parents. keep us posted.
I put our message in the wrong place. We will certainly be praying for your mom.
The Murrays
Oh Teigan, I'm so sorry. We are praying for her and for peace for you and your family. I wish Beck was old enough, I'd come and babysit him while you went out there. Too bad I'm not lactating anymore. :) We love you.
Teigan your blog makes me cry :( but hang in there, we are all there for you guys! And you can borrow kendalls passport, just put him in something pink. Its close enough :) Or drop him off here, i'll babysit for you! Let me know if you need anything! We love yoU!
I am amazed at the strength you have. What a hard thing to go through! We will have your whole family in our prayers! Even though you are far away we will do anything we can for you, so please let us know if there is anything... like everyone has said if you needed me too, I would watch Beck for you in a heart beat!! we are going to have a baby soon and I will be home anyways... I might as well take care of two! And like Julie said she isn't lactating anymore... ha ha well I will be soon enough :) We love you, and will pray for you!
I am so sorry to hear about your Mom Teigan. You and your family will definitely be in our prayers.
Teigan, it's Jessie; I am so sorry to hear about your mom! We'll be praying for your family and a miracle. I hope you all will feel the peace & comfort from the fast in addition to your mom recovering! Love you!
Teigan! I'm so sorry to hear that. I will for sure keep her in my prayers. Love you guys!
Teigan - your mom was my Laurel's advisor as well and she was a great influence on me and my testimony. We all loved her. She, and the rest of your family, will be in my prayers.
Our prayers are with you.
I am so so so incredibly sorry. You are all definitely in my prayers. Hopefully you will be able to get Beckhem's passport and get over there soon. Love you guys. so sad.
My prayers are with your sweet family at this time Teigan. What a shock to read this. I'm always here closeby if you need anything, even a walk around the block in the snow tomorrow.
Teigan-so sorry to hear about you dear Mother, we will fast on this Sunday(I just read about this) for her strength and hope all is well. What a shock. Call and we can talk. Love ya Paula
Teigan, I'm so sorry. Life kinda stinks sometimes, huh? You have such a great attitude, our best wishes to you and your family! Also, your new little one is so adorable-congrats :)
She and your whole family are in our prayers, we will be fasting for her tomorrow. PLEASE let us know what we can do to help you guys out.
You and your sweet family are in our prayers! We love you guys! If you need anything, even just someone to talk to..let us know. :D
Teigan,
We'll definitely keep you and your mom in our prayers. When we thought we were going to have to come to the US for Bryce's surgery, we went to the embassy here and they issued him an emergency passport that was good for three months while they processed his real passport. I don't know if they'd do the same for Beck but it's worth asking.
Valerie
Teigan! I have been thinking about you and the baby. I realized that I haven't seen your blog for awhile and so I went to see how you guys were doing. I'm sorry about your mom and just know that Jer and I are thinking of you guys!
Teig...
We have been praying for Jo everyday! I know you are so worried and scared! I wish I was still there to help you. You know I too would love to take my little Beck buddy If you wanted! I miss you all and I know your mom will get better really soon. I love that I was able to talk to her a sec when I was there visiting! She loves you and I know she can feel everyones prayers!
Love ya!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! Hang in there--we'll be praying for her, too! Keep us posted on how she's doing.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Your mom and your family our in our prayers. I wish we were closer but If there is anything we can do, please let us know.
Teigan, I am so sorry to hear about your mom! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Congratulations on the new edition by the way, he is adorable!
Post a Comment