10.14.2009

Ohayo Gozaimasu


Last week I sent my mom a few funny pictures of Beck to keep her company in the hospital. Her devoted Japanese nurses have been tenderly moving her favorite picture back and forth as she sleeps so that it is always in front of her no matter where she faces. They want to make sure she has something beautiful to wake up to . . . just one of the many tender mercies of the Lord. She is in good hands over there.
Today is a big day. Mom is starting to wake up. The doctors have removed her heart pump and are monitoring her closely. She has continued to hold her own. She has been fading in and out of sleep for the past hour and, so far, has told my dad that she is hot. In Japanese. Awesome.
And then she looked at the picture of Beck and smiled, before drifting back to sleep.

Good job little cross-eyed man. You made your Jojo smile.
And I get to wake up to this face everyday. Well more like every 3 hours, or whenever he decides I look too comfortable. But what joy he brings.
P.S. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your love and prayers. We have felt that power and been uplifted.

11 comments:

kdance said...

So glad to hear everything is stable for your mom! We'll keep praying for her. Darling picture--so funny!

jeremyandleslie said...

So glad she is doing better. We will continue to pray. I think my mom and Dee are going to see her today, or maybe they went last night. My mom has strict orders to tell your mom how much we all love her!
You holding up ok?

Colleen said...

I'm so glad that your Mom is progressing! What a great idea!!

Sara and Company said...

Who could resist smiling with that little guy! So cute! I'm glad your mom is making progress. I can't imagine how hard all of this is. Praying for you all.

The Smith Family said...

I've been thinking of her and of you and had you all in my prayers. Glad that she's doing well and I'll continue the prayers. What a cute picture!

Jade and Michael said...

So glad to hear your mom is doing better. And I LOVE LOVE that picture of Beck! So adorable! You need to post more new pictures of him!

Clark Family said...

It makes me laugh too!

Emilee Porter said...

Sounds like she is really turning the corner. I'm so happy for your family. I know it will continue to go good from here. You are such a strong girl and amaze me daily. This picture is hilarious! He is such a handsome boy and I can't believe how big he is getting!

Unknown said...

Such a cute picture of him! I can't believe how much bigger he is since we last saw him....it's been too long! Glad to hear that your mom is progressing well. We pray that she continues to gain her strength back.

Mauren said...

haha....that's the funniest picture I've ever seen! lol! Glad to hear your mom is doing better. I swear I stalk you on FB and your blog 10x a day for an update. :) Ok, well, maybe not 10 times, but definitely daily. Glad to hear she's coming to! Keep us updated - best to all of you!

Courtney ♥ said...

That cute picture would make me smile too! I love that the nurses keeping moving it around:). Im so happy she is doing better. Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails