at 9 months pregnant. And our final preparations for baby:
Last weekend my wonderful friends out here threw me a shower. It was all about good friends, good food, fun games, and lots of goodies for Baby B. I don't know why I never remember to get a group picture of everyone. It's probably because I can't think of much else besides food these days.

I did manage to get a picture with the hostesses, who I adore. And the amazing chocolate cake! Thank you, thank you for everything!
Then I went home to join husband in the garage for some work on the crib. I tend to get impatient, so I was kicked out of the garage and spent the rest of the afternoon washing and organizing baby clothes and blankets.

And now we are at 37 weeks, and the start of our "babymoon". So we kicked off this weekend with a trip to the fair with some friends. I was sooo excited to see the llamas. It was almost good as the Llama Festival in Utah. If you haven't been and you live anywhere near Utah, GO NOW. Seriously.

Quick side note: Tay is a really big fan of my llama face. I tend to do it a lot, and he pretends to be annoyed and grossed out, but really, he likes it. It's especially attractive on large, swollen pregnant ladies:

Purdy ain't it?

Anyway, we had a great time at the fair and are now beginning our babymoon. We decided that for the next week we will enjoy spending time together just the two of us, doing things that will be harder to do once the boy makes his grand entrance.
On the to-do list already:
- Sleeping in
- Lounging at the pool
- King of Queens marathons
- Eating Out
So, all of you parents out there. . . we need your advice!
What do you wish you would have done before the kiddos came?
Please enlighten us.
I can't believe we only have 3 weeks to go!

There are some things I won't miss about being pregnant. But how could this convenient built in shelf that so perfectly holds my Magic Bullet smoothie that husband made me not make me happy?
23 comments:
...Go to the temple. I don't know how close there is a temple to you, but that is one that that became much harder to do that I wish I would have done more of. I can't believe you are really 3 weeks-ish away! So excited for the both of you!
I agree with the above lady! And you better get a date night in every day these last few weeks. Those definitely won't be happening for a while! Everything is about to change!
Go out on a date to a really nice place, somewhere fancy and stay awhile! Meals won't be leisurely once Baby B comes. Go see a movie or a show. Snuggle in bed until late in the morning. Take a long bath (alone or together!). Enjoy the quiet.
ooo....this is fun...my suggestion is to run errands, LOTS of them, and enjoy the ease of grabbing your purse and heading inside.
ohhh, you're so cute!! I love my shelf too, it's so handy..i kinda wish it would stay for two weeks after, i've held some babies and it's handy. :D
i'm not a parent yet, but we went on an anniversary trip, even though I couldn't fit into anything cute and sexy..haha..it was still so much fun to get out and away before baby comes.
you're in our prayers, we're so excited for you two. so many babies. :D
Enjoy eating food without little beggers at your ankles!!! oh i miss that! I am excited for you guys!!! Good luck with everything! oh and you are the CUTEST pregnant girl EVER... REALLY!!!!
Well although we have not had the joy of a Babymoon I can't imagine what an awesome few weeks this must be!!! I say do something out of the house since the next few weeks/months might be stuck in the house. Here are a few ideas: Go to the bookstore and enjoy the children's section and buy him a book or two...go get ice cream...go shopping and buy your "post baby cute goal weight outfit" so you have something to look forward to wearing after the baby...go to a "paint your own pottery place" and both of you paint little bowls for the baby...get a great carwash (inside and out so it smells "new car" every time you get in...go to the park swings and have someone take y'alls picture and put it in a frame in his room with a cute caption...go buy dvds/books/magazines for when you need something to do in the hospital/ 2am feedings/etc....okay those are just a few ideas. There is more where that came from if you have a lot of energy this week!
Also I wanna see pictures of the nursery!!!! I know it is so cute!!
Congrats and good luck on your final weeks! You will be such an amazing mom!!! You have always had such an infectious spark!!
i'm so excited for you! what a journey you are about to begin. it is the best! the thing i missed most was going to movies in a theater. they are so long. that i had a hard time leaving my little ones just to go to a movie. so i would at least one every week until baby b comes along! so fun. don't you dare have him until i get back! :)
I can't believe you are almost there! I'm excited for you guys, but sorry to say I don't have any advice since I'm not a mom. I am, however, ecstatic that you guys own a Magic Bullet. They are awesome.
hey! that's my blue camelot basketball t-shirt!! i wondered where that got to... that was my favorite shirt in higschool. give it back. and these pictures are cute.
Oh man, where do I begin! :) I miss not worrying about being in a rush, just go somewhere and take your time. Go see lots of movies in the theater...miss that. Definitely sleep in, oh man how I long to sleep in! I could go on but those are my favorites :)
P.S. It's so weird seeing Stacy in your pictures!
SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP! You'll never, ever get enough of it after baby is born. Sleep in, go to bed early, take 3 naps a day. . . sleep at church, watching tv, reading books. . . ANYTHING just sleep! you look adorable, are you even pregnant? i was a freakin blimp. love your little belly.
I can't believe you are so close
!! You don't even look big at all. I agree with Julie, SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP!! I swear i am always tired. Go see some movies too, that is something I don't get to do much. P.s. I love the magic bullet!
basically anything spontaneous. But a couple good ones are, going to a movie, the temple
Good luck Teigan! You been given a lot of good hints. I am at the other end of the spectrum. Being busy with kids is something I miss (at least every now and then!) I love the movie idea-go go go. It is so hard with little ones. You and Taylor are so darn cute together! Can't wait to see baby B!
BEST WISHES!!!
WOW, such wonderful advice!!! Definitely go to the temple together, it's SO hard, especially if you are nursing. Also, enjoy being able to just leave the house by grabbing your purse and getting straight in the car...and being able to get to your destination and getting straight out of the car and on your way, you don't really think about it, but you'll miss it...especially when its raining or 8 degrees outside. ha I'm so excited for you guys, can't wait to meet the little squirt.
Can you please tell us where you get your cute clothes?
You DO NOT look 37 weeks pregnant Ms. Teigan! You are so dang cute! I wish I was looking that good these days!
I hope you guys enjoy your "babymoon"!
You are so close! Where has the time gone? And you look absolutley AMAZING! You do not even look 37 weeks pregnant! Pregnancy definitley looks good on you ;)
You are so cute! I have no advice since I'm not a mom but I think you and Tay are going to be amazing parents! Love ya!
Hmmm...
I wish I had gone on a babymoon! I also wish I had been more laid-back and less paranoid about my baby and realized all kids are different and don't have to be perfect sleepers/big in percentile sizes/etc. etc.
I know everyone says go to the movies now, which you should but my advice would be to actually go to the movies and out to eat after the baby has come.You have to decide when the right time to take him in public is but he really will be okay. I mean do not let others touch him or even breath on him but it really is okay to go out to eat and to the movies when they are little because all the do is sleep. Keep him bundled next to you and he will not mind one bit. Also think of it this way, your next baby will be out and about all the time when he is little when you are entertaining this baby boy.
Bri Fri and I regret not being more stalwart about finishing school. We were so worried about spending time with each other. We could have both been in school full time and working full time and been just fine. Oh well.
Post a Comment