7.21.2009

Applebottom Jeans

Tay teaches the 9 year old's at our church and one of the boys in his class provides endless entertainment. We'll call him John. From quoting Family Guy to spontaneous singing, it never gets boring with him.  We love it!  Last Sunday they were in sharing time with the rest of the primary, and the chorister was taking requests for songs.  I guess John had had enough of "I am a Child of God" because before Taylor could stop him,  he threw his hand in the air and demanded that everyone sing "Applebottom Jeans."  The chorister kind of blinked twice and then recovered saying, "I don't think we know that song, any other ideas?"  John responded by rapping the lyrics and busting out some awesome moves in his chair. Tay was trying hard to stop him but was having too hard of a time controlling his own laughter, when another cute little guy in his class leaned in and very seriously said "That's a baaaaad song." I wish I would have been there. Kids are the best, and I love the spontaneity they bring to life.

But next time, if he busts out his moves, I will challenge him with Beyonce's

Just kidding. Mostly.

On another Applebottom note, I just LOVE this little redheaded rock star.  I have high hopes that Hux will one day have moves like his:






14 comments:

Julie said...

You should have heard Ava Chambers sing every word to that song last summer (when she was like 3). Hysterical, never seen anything like it.

Anonymous said...

Ok, that is hilarious. I wish I could have seen it. Can I please see some of those moves from you? Love ya! - Lauryn

Megan said...

My mother requested that this song be played at my cousin's wedding because she "Looovvveeeesss dancing to it." Children and mature ladies (since my mother isn't "old") - endless entertainment.

I don't think it's wrong if you prompt him so that he can share "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" with the church. Praise Beyonce!

Tia and Cam said...

oh. my. gosh. this is priceless! i wish we knew this ki

Elyse said...

Ummm....yes, I think I can only guess who "John" is. I wasn't there for this little episode-wish I would've been!

the peine's said...

That is so funny! I was laughing in my chair the entire time!!

Jade and Michael said...

That is so funny. I think he has better moves than us from back in the college days!

Jo said...

It appears he has watched the video that goes with this lovely(?) song a few times??? It think my favorite part is when he does the "looking at her" move with his pudgy little fingers. Pay attention to the little girl in the background as she jumps around. Remind you of anyone? X O

Stacy Ellison said...

oh my word! i am still laughing! the odd thing is that he kind of had some good moves. that was very odd for me. those moves coming from such a little body...

anyways my favorite part was when he would give that big booty a slap! too funny! :)

could you teach this to taylor and then video? oh, that would be the best!

kdance said...

Oh, that video was the BEST! Seriously, the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

The Smith Family said...

LOVE it! I'm debating in my head whose child this was...hehe

Emilee Porter said...

That is the funniest story! I can just picture it now. You know little hux is going to do that someday!

KOPFC Lifeguards said...

Know how your father moves - your hopes may just be hereditary!

Dan and Dee said...

I am laughing so hard I can hardly type. Thanks for posting that. What a hoot. I hope his parents keep that video for his wedding reception video!!!! I haven't seen the MTV video but who needs to after this.
Oh, and Taylor's experience in Primary...priceless! That poor chorister! chuckle, she must have had an interesting go at settling the kids down after that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails