It was a treat, and I'm sorry you missed it.
But he still wasn't getting it. So I searched for her new video on youtube. The first thing he said was "She doesn't have any pants on, does Jay-Z know about this?" I told him that he must have liked it because he did, in fact, Put a Ring on It. An 18-carat rock to be exact. But apparently Beyonce dancing in a high cut leotard wasn't enough to keep his attention because before it even got to the dance I was trying to show him, he was snoring. Out like a light with his chin on his chest, his Con Law book on his lap. Did I mention it's 8:00?
Should be a fun weekend.
And since you missed my moves tonight, I will leave you with Beyonce's. I'm going to go put my PJ's on.
P.S. The party starts at a-minute-thirty.
19 comments:
Oh I Love it!!! Sleeping has always been a special gift that Taylor has!!
oh the memories.....and after the life of a law student...it becomes the life of a hard working attorney.....I'm hoping after that it is the life of a a successful attorney....you know where you shop and travel and get your hair done more than every four months.....
I would like to see your Beyonce moves next time I see you. That would make my day!
I feel the same way about Rihanna. I've always liked her, I don't know why but I feel a little sheepish admitting it. I remember when SOS came out I would bust out into song and dance every time I heard it.
i'm thinking you brandi and i can totally recreate this video. our next get-together, we are doing it!
Stacy that's a great idea! I'm thinking a holiday variety show? Or should we do the "Mean Girls" Christmas dance? Hmmmm. . . . tough call.
At least he fell asleep while Beyonce was dancing and not while you were dancing. I can totally see you busting the moves from this video!
Ok, if I lived next to you and Stacy I would SO want to be in on that action! :)
How funny! I was watching Beyonce on Oprah the other day...one of the few times in a months the TV has been on something other than cartoons:) I'd love to see your recreation of the dance, I can supply the leotards...except they'd be the new Shade Cap sleeve body suits. If you've seen them you'd know how funny that'd be ;)haha
okay kimi! you are in. i don't think brandi will mind. :) i just have this glorious vision. let me paint it for you. teigan with her boot :) and kim and i with our babies on our hips! all decked out in shade body suits. this will be AWESOME! oh, and avery can film. it will be GLORIOUS! then we will put it on youtube :) i can't wait!
me again! :) i am planning on going to the movie. i emailed alison tonight and let her know. i'm having issues with my cell phone. i guess that happens when you shut it in the door! ugh! thanks for the reminder!
Hmmm -- this is a little different than the sisters dance parties I have witnessed over the years. I'll look forward to seeing the Scoffield version of this in a few weeks. Keep practicing! X O
Aint your mama cute. Not sure she would want to see the 3 of you shaking it up like that.
Sure you saw JT's version of it. I could not stop laughing and I hadn't even see Beyonce video yet.
I agree it is a Houston thing...she even went to the same high school I did...at least that is what I have been told...
You keep working on Tay and if you keep busting those moves he will get it.
I'm so sorry. Law School really does wipe one out. Poor bugger! I was only married to Steve during one year of his legal education but we were dating for the others and it's tough. It doesn't last forever and then Taylor can get a great job where he doesn't have stupid billable hours and can go see movies during lunch... In other words, it's all worth it.
I honestly would pay good money to see the Scoffield Sister's Shake like Beyonce. I bet the rendition would be spot on. If you haven't yet, check out the SNL version with Justin Timberlake. Your friend mentioned it above, but I was laughing hysterically. Now that I've seen the 'real' video . . . it's even funnier!
Teigan..which move was it exactly you were doing? well whichever one, I would also be willing to pay a good price to see you Beyonce-style...keep on practicing!
I sang this in the car yesterday with the window rolled down, shaking my ring finger in my boyfriend's face. This is probably not an effective engagement strategy, but Beyonce is obviously doing something right!
I *heart* your blog, Teigs!
So, I randomly caught miss fierce on Ellen today and I have to admit it is a pretty catchy boogie. But, alas, I will not be joining you or Stacy in your attempt to recreate because pretty sure you could not get my thigh within ten feet of that tight thang. Thanks though, but I would like to be at the auditions of those who would like to take my spot. Let me know when they will be held, I have a few people in mind who would be great!!
i love beyonces music and its a shame i missed your "chair dance"
cute blog
Post a Comment