
Taylor and I have been missing Utah this week. In a good way. We've reminisced over our walks in the Avenues, chocolate stops at Hatch's, Peach Days in Brigham City, bike rides up City Creek (well I just miss walking and bike rides in general), and just the all around fabulousness that is a Utah fall. Like right now I just really want to go to the State Fair, eat a greasy funnel cake, and then slide down the big yellow slide to my heart's content. And then ace Lindsey in an intense game of tetherball of course.


So as I was wandering around the produce aisle this afternoon what did I see? UTAH PEACHES. I was so excited! I found this recipe on Kelsey's Kitchen, and it was divine. The perfect way to celebrate what is hopefully a LOOONG Indian Summer. We look forward to the near future when Omaha becomes home, but in the meantime, it's good to have a little bit of Utah for dessert anyway! Enjoy!
Yield: 8 servings
INGREDIENTS:
• 24 1/4-inch baguette slices
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup chopped peaches and/or nectarines
• 1/2 cup chopped plums
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons chopped glazed pecans
PREPARATION:
1. Lay the baguette slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Stir together the butter, 4 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon and spread on one side of each baguette slice. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbly and bread is lightly browned on the edges. Stir together the remaining brown sugar, fruit and lime juice in a small bowl. Spoon equal amounts over the bread slices and sprinkle with pecans.
Spiced Peach Bruschetta served over Cinnamon Toasted Baguette slices
topped with Candied Pecans
INGREDIENTS:
• 24 1/4-inch baguette slices
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup chopped peaches and/or nectarines
• 1/2 cup chopped plums
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons chopped glazed pecans
PREPARATION:
1. Lay the baguette slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Stir together the butter, 4 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon and spread on one side of each baguette slice. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbly and bread is lightly browned on the edges. Stir together the remaining brown sugar, fruit and lime juice in a small bowl. Spoon equal amounts over the bread slices and sprinkle with pecans.
8 comments:
I miss Utah peaches too...all of our former Utah now NY friends agree. Nothing like a fresh peach from good ole Utah.
Dear Teigan,
I always win at tetherball.
Love,
Lindsey
Yum! I am going to try it.
That sounds so yum... my mouth is watering.
JJ and I went to a drive through farmer's market in Alabama. It was great. We bought and canned peaches and tomatoes. I wanted to bring them back with me to Russia...
I would love to try this recipe...
That sounds fabulous - I may have to try that! Sorry you're missing Utah! Your description made me miss it and I live here! Hope you're doing well in Omaha!
Teigan,
Hey our friends who are at Creighton - here is there blog. I also gave them your blog info. Hopefully you guys can get in touch! http://eversfamilyscoop.blogspot.com/
Hi Teigan,
My name is Allie Evers. My husband said he thinks he met you at a Institute class a couple weeks ago. He is in his 3rd year at law school. Anyway, Emilee said you guys were out here, and we'd love to have you guys for dinner and share with you all of our wisdom about Omaha and law school...which isn't much. :) My email is: majevers@hotmail.com
You moved to Omaha. I bet Sarah is so sad. I hope you love it!
Post a Comment