So my parents are part of the 15,000 people who evacuated New Orleans today. As I am sitting here watching the news, I am having flashbacks of Katrina 3 years ago. I am so happy that because of Katrina, things are being done differently this time around. Please keep everyone in the gulf coast in your prayers!
Now on to the monster post.
We have a lot of things to celebrate in August and September. August celebrations include Grandpa's birthday on the 1st, mine on the 15th, Cam's on the 18th, 3 different anniversaries on the 19th, and then Tia's birthday on the 24th. Tay's birthday is September 4th, Chard's is on the 5th, Meg's on the 9th and then our anniversary is on the 29th! So we like to party a lot.
My birthday was lovely. Low key with just me and the hubs. I woke up to sweet potato waffles, orange marmalade smokies, and Tay's famous eggs. Yum.

We opened presents, relaxed by the pool, and explored the downtown shops and yummy restaurants at the Old Market (so far it's one of our favorite places). We ended the day with a movie and my favorite treat: ("alien ear candles" compliments of my darling husband)

Since Monique is coming into town on Taylor's real birthday (and I can't wait) . . . Here are some funny facts about my birthday boy (a couple of days early):

- He holds a grudge against Nike for stealing his idea for shocks. When he was 8 he thought it would be really cool if you could build shoes with springs in them so naturally, he wrote Nike and told them about his idea! He got a letter back a few weeks later saying that "that wasn't possible, but thank you anyway." And in his own words "and a few years later . . . BAM shoes have shocks. My idea." I told him that now that he is going to be a lawyer he should just sue them.
- This is Tay's favorite comfy outfit: An old polo ("because it's softer than his t-shirts") and basketball shorts, all in various shades of blue.

- When he was in high school, he and Paul Belcher set out on a quest to make the perfect hamburger. They spent all summer experimenting on the grill and conquered the burger. He is great at steaks as well. This is probably why he has a man crush on Bobby Flay.
- When he gets home from work/school/gym/ he yells "Lucy I'm home!"(in his best Ricky Ricardo voice) and gives me a big hug. I look forward to it every day.

- He is the best sleeper I know. He can fall asleep anytime and anywhere, it is a talent. One that I am jealous of because I am an insomniac.
- He has a weakness for street performers. He can't walk by anyone playing anything without giving them some money and stopping to listen to them play.
- I adore him. And I thank my lucky stars for him every day.

Happy birthday! More parties to come!

11 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like you had a great day. Hope things are okay with your parents.
You two just seem so perfect for each other! Happy happy birthday to the both of you!
What a cute post! You two are dang cute! Happy Birthday to both of you! Taylor, I think you should sue Nike!
Happy be-lated Birthday to you and early to Tay!! How are you doing? It looks like you're adjusting well to the ropes of law school. Also, what are elephant ear candles?!?! Inquiring minds would love to know!!!
Looks like you two are enjoying your new home! Your birthday breakfast looked delicious! Do you get to see Taylor much anymore or are you a law school widow?
How fun that you are close enough to take a trip to Nauvoo! We drove out there last August and loved it too!
Happy birthday to both of you, though neither at this time=). That was a cute post about Taylor. It's pretty fun learning even the simplest things about our husbands, huh! Sounds like you two have a lot of fun together.
Such a cute post - and Happy Be-lated Birthday! You got new furniture. I'm on of those weird people that looks really closely at people's pictures! ha ha :) I'm not making fun of you at all - but for real I love the new furniture!
only you could have a broken leg and still be ultra chic and fashionable! work that crutch girl!
ps im with you on the insomnia i finallly(after having it for years)am on a sleep med prescription i HAVE to have a good nite sleep
I think you might be the only person I know who can wear a boot on one foot and wedge sandals on the other and still look ultra cute. Love the yellow!
Greetings loves!
The picture of Tay on his first day of Law School made me laugh out loud! So fun! X O
Several of the kids your age, and a bit older have just sent kids to their first day of school. I loved, loved, loved Taylor's picture with the back pack. He fits right in with the Kindergarten kids! You know, new kid on the block, first year of school and all!
Fun catching up again. Hope your folks are fine, that your ankle is healing well and that life is treating y'all good!
I loved hearing of Jessica and seeing the clip (your site won't "allow" me to view it as I am out of the U.S.! crazy, I did get to see it from an e-mail Chris Brown sent. She does deserve it!
happy birthday Taylor!
Post a Comment