We stayed at this cute little place:

We were able to go through the Nauvoo temple which I have to say is my new favorite (matched only by Logan's). Every little detail both inside and out was perfect and gorgeous. And I love all of the history.


This statue was Taylor's favorite. Joseph and Hyrum Smith stood and looked over the valley for the last time before they went to Carthage.

We went to a concert on the river, explored the historical sites and houses around town, and took an excursion to Carthage Jail where we saw where Joseph and Hyrum Smith were killed. The mob ran up these stairs . . .

Shot through this door (killing Hyrum) . . .

And in to this room (where Joseph was killed and fell out of the window):

It was all very humbling and we both felt the spirit of the people that built that city. It is great to be in a place so rich in history. For more pictures of the sites and the trip click here.

We went to a concert on the river, explored the historical sites and houses around town, and took an excursion to Carthage Jail where we saw where Joseph and Hyrum Smith were killed. The mob ran up these stairs . . .

Shot through this door (killing Hyrum) . . .

And in to this room (where Joseph was killed and fell out of the window):

It was all very humbling and we both felt the spirit of the people that built that city. It is great to be in a place so rich in history. For more pictures of the sites and the trip click here.

P.S. Karin we sent a shot out to Des Moines for ya as we passed by.
12 comments:
your so sweet!
yeah the sippy cups are pretty fun but im SO glad they are done and gone!
did you love seeing church history? i got to go there with my family. for me the spirit was the strongest in the room where joseph was killed. i could literally feel his presence. :)
Looks like a great trip. I would love to be able to visit there someday. I am glad you guys are alive and well!
Well you might as well if you are already out and about anyway! I would love to visit there one day. So glad that you had a good trip and that you are settled into your new life! And glad that you've graduated to the front seat! Fun times ahead.
What a fun trip. I want to do a church history tour so badly! The 20th ward misses you!
That is a nice trip. I love exploring new places and hope to see the church history sites in NY. Good luck in Omaha. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.
Yeah, you made it! And I hadn't seen your hair yet, I LOVE it! You can pull off anything though. I am glad you are having fun out there, we are excited to hear about your adventures.
Yeah, you made it! And I hadn't seen your hair yet, I LOVE it! You can pull off anything though. I am glad you are having fun out there, we are excited to hear about your adventures.
Yeah, you made it! And I hadn't seen your hair yet, I LOVE it! You can pull off anything though. I am glad you are having fun out there, we are excited to hear about your adventures.
Yeah, you made it! And I hadn't seen your hair yet, I LOVE it! You can pull off anything though. I am glad you are having fun out there, we are excited to hear about your adventures.
Hey there,
I heard about your crazy summer on crutched trying to move cross country! Hope you are enjoying the midwest! Great pics!
We miss you guys so here is our address that you requested
230 F Street
Apt 07
Salt Lake City, Utah 84103
And i will just ignore the sissy comment, even though is was very funny.
Glad you made is safely. Happy birthday by the way. A little late I know. I agree that people born on that day are awesome. I'm so glad you got to go to Nauvoo. Such an amazing history we have.
Post a Comment