So much to catch up on, and not enough time. Each event needs it's own long-winded, picture- overloaded post. But until then, here's a 5 picture account of our month, according to my phone.
Taylor graduated law school. We stole a happy kiss.
I went with my mom and sisters to Harry Potter World. (It's essential that you say it in an English accent when you read it, as my dad does every time we talk about it.) Multiple frozen butterbeers were consumed.
We said goodbye to Omaha. Waaaaaaaaaahhhh.
I went with my family (minus my studious husband preparing for the bar) on a little vacay that included visits to Utah, Seattle, and Canada. Sooo beautiful.
And we made it to Lovelock.
Oh, it's been an adjustment. I think we will really end up liking it here once we get settled in and Taylor is done with the bar. The people seem wonderful, and there are some fun perks to being in such a small town. So far simplicity has not been one of them. We're adjusting, and learning. Our apartment was completely FILTHY when we moved in. Layers of dirt, grime, grease, mice . . . you name it, everywhere. So the past week has been spent trying to make this place livable. Poor Taylor is juggling work and trying to get the necessary 10-12 hours of Bar prep in every day. I'm trying to get this place set up and clean so that Beck and I can take off and allow Tay to do nothing but focus on his studies. Don't really want to leave him again but don't really want to take the bar again either. :)
Enter my current BFF: my new steam cleaner. I scrubbed this place down on my hands and knees, and it was barely making a dent in the grime. So, we bought another steam cleaner. I love the Haan steam mop I got for my birthday last year, so we went with a Haan multi-purpose cleaner. And I feel the need to rave about it. I love it. We love it. Tay even felt the need to document the moment.
So the moral of this story is . . . buy a steam cleaner, go to Harry Potter World and Canada, miss Omaha, and get through July. Got it all?
3 comments:
Awww, I miss you guys.
You need to email me your new address in Lovelock so that I can write you! erin.page@myldsmail.net
Love you lots and glad you liked Canada!
is that my Virginia is for Lovers shirt? you need to stop this. and you have had a crazy/fun/stressful/emotional few months then haven't you. keep cleanin!! it will be nice... maybe.
Post a Comment