5.11.2011

Wrapping things up . . .

The last few weeks have been busy and full of decisions. We had another offer from a firm here in Omaha, and have been going back and forth.  It was a tough decision and one that we spent a lot of time thinking and praying over. We love it here, we love the people here, and like the state slogan says, life is good. Plus, I am partial to a town with amenities. :) Ultimately, we decided to stick with our decision to go to Lovelock, and we both feel like it's the right next step.

So, we've been wrapping things up. I had my last piano lesson, taught my last Gospel Doctrine lesson, finished B's story time, open gym, and museum pass, etc . . . all of the things that have become our routine. Boo. I don't like that we are wrapping things up in Omaha. But we are beyond blessed to have these opportunities, and I am excited for our new adventure. Plus, with the Bensons moving to town, the booming metropolis of Lovelock will go from 2,000 to 2,003 people. Exciting times, I tell you. Exciting times.


We have also had a sick bebe, which has resulted in lots of snuggle and Tangled time, and outfit changes.


This one (compliments of Taylor) was probably my favorite. 


Being sick has only fueled his Tangled (Maximus) obsession. And when the boy is sick, the boy gets what he wants. So here I am hunched over my spoiled B so he can watch Tangled on my phone whilst getting a diaper change. Tough life.


 The sun finally came out, and that just makes everything better.


This week has been full of baseball games, pool days, and zoo days with my boys,


origami wrapped Mother's Day presents, and delicious food and flowers, 


and snuggles with the bug.



Most importantly, we're saying goodbye to the late night headlamp studying (for 2 weeks anyway). 
Beck has been super sensitive to lights, if he sees a light coming through his bedroom door, he wants to party. 

So this kid has been studying with a headlamp.


But this kid finished his last final. And this kid graduates this week. We've started 3L week, family will be rolling in, his MBA hooding Thursday, and law school hooding and commencement over the weekend. This kid gets a break until Bar prep starts. We've been enjoying every second.

I am looking forward to a weekend of celebrating Tay with our friends and family, and just had to take a second and document the little things that have meant so much this month.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Its hard to wrap things up huh? Congrats again to Taylor, and to you as well, because you both worked hard these last 3 years.
Wow, 3 years already? It seems like just last month you came rolling in our ward in your wheel chair and you got to hear Tyler say "beeboo's"...and I had to tell you what he meant. oh good times. :)

Jade and Michael said...

So proud of you both. Love the head lamp. So funny to me.

Unknown said...

Teigan, I adore your blog. Congrats to you and your husband on all the great events in your life.

CrzyJess said...

Hey, JP just took the bar in Texas a couple of summers ago so if Tay has any questions, feel free to contact JP.

Dan and Dee said...

Congratulations to you both on finishing up "your" law degree!
Sounds interesting going to a small place for a year as I know you will brighten up the place and they won't want to see you leave.
Good luck with it all-the move, the job, the adjustment. It is always more taxing than you think and yet is done in a blink of an eye in the end. Best wishes and know we are very happy for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails