4.10.2011

Another pin on the map

Tay and I have a map hanging in B's room that we use to keep track of all of our travels. We have different pins marking where we have lived and where we have visited. It's hanging near Beck's bed so he can study it and become a genius as he drifts off to sleep.


It has been a crazy couple of weeks, and just like that we know where our next black pin is going. Taylor accepted a judicial clerkship in the itty bitty town of Lovelock, Nevada last week. We'll be there for about a year, and then on to whatever comes next!

The city girl in me is really a little bit nervous, the optimist in me is excited for our new adventure, the sentimentalist in me doesn't want to leave Omaha, and the gypsy in me is pumped to put a new pin in the map. All four of the crazies in my head feel pretty lucky though. This is a great career opportunity, and I am so proud of everything Tay has done to get us here.

We plan to soak up all the moments left with the dear friends that have become our family, and eat at all our favorite spots in the good old midwest. So technically are we leaving the midwest for the west? I'm sure there will be many sappy posts to come as we celebrate the bittersweetness of it all.

Also I'm tired.

Small town life here we come.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for new adventures! congrats on the newest pin :)

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Congratulations! Fun to finally know where you are going!!!! Spencer says, "Maybe we can meet up in meet in Winnemucca?" :) How far away are you from SLC? Doesn't look like far, so maybe we really can meet up somewhere!

We also have a map with pins in it of all the places we've lived, traveled to and also where people in our family have gone on missions. I should put it in my kids room so that they can be geniuses too!! great idea.

Can't wait to hear more details.

Megan said...

Congratulations, Benson family! I know you'll thrive wherever you are planted. Kind of love the pin idea!

Heather said...

yeah for the Benson's. I have a similar map hanging in my apartment for me and Jed's travels. Now every vacation revolves around that map. :) Lovelock Nevada might be close to SF, which will be closer to me...we will be the first visitors (and it may or may not be for a map pin.)

Foulgers said...

Ohhhh,...well, we are sad for no Denver :( but happy for you and your new adventure. Being from Northern California and Utah, I can't tell you haw many times we have passed the little beauty of lovelock :) Here's to hoping youre still there on our next I80 Vaycay!!! Good luck!

Tia Bowen Films said...

the four of us? What am i missing there? very nice picture of your map, by the way. hopefully lovelock will have many great things to photograph. Also, have you considered how similar lovelock and lubbock sound? I never figured living in Lubbock would be a more exciting town than where you would be next. :) It might just be amazing. Anyways, at least you get a new pin! and possibly a new state print??

Tiana said...

Congratulations! That sounds like such a good opportunity, but I can relate to the city girl hesitance... I'm sure you will find things to love there. You always do!

Foulgers said...

Hahahah, I thought you were announcing baby #2 with the all four of us comment, at first, then I figured it out. Tia is not so quick :) but I see you changed it.

Unknown said...

Hey now, how come I have to hear about this through your blog? :( Sure, i'm leaving too, but still, I already miss you guys.

Kira Jay said...

Congrats on the clerkship! That's awesome! I know most of the people in the class Pete started with in law school didn't have jobs 8 months after graduation. Count yourselves lucky to have something before graduating even!

Emilee Porter said...

Yay! Congrats, I am so excited for your little family. What a great opportunity for Tay. I must say that I'm a little bit sad that you aren't heading back to Utah yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
You are such a good wife and mom!
Miss ya xoxox

kaTie said...

I know this is sooo totally random. I was 'introduced' to Sadie (Shippen)and her story from a friend of mine. I was looking thru Sadie's blog and happened to see the names Tay and Teigan.... from a comment. hmmmm. I thought those names were very familiar. I hoped on over to your blog.... and there's Taylor. I went to school with Taylor.... small world. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello... it's such a small world.

Jill Bowcutt said...

How exciting! I'm always super nervous to change things up. But you seem to handle it with ease. That's impressive. Tell Tay congrats and good job. And good job to you for being such a supportive wife! I love your pin in the map idea. We have a big map hanging in our kids room too and I've never thought of marking the places we've been (Probably cuz those pins would be used as swords or something). But I've got to think of something. I love it. Oh, and Beckham is freaking adorable :)

Stacia Cummings said...

Yay for a new adventure! Congratulations on the job Tay. I think Lovelock is a lot closer to SLC than Omaha so I wouldn't be surprised if we run into you sometime. Which store will it be?

Jacob said...

we will stop by and say hi on our way to my home! i honestly can not believe you are moving there! but what a great perspective, you are so positive. i love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails