2.21.2011

I'm gonna go ahead and have a Mom moment.


Beck at 8 months by LHP.


Every night, cuddled up in the rocking chair, I talk to Beck about our day as he starts to drift off to sleep. I talk about what we did that day, how much fun we had, and how lucky I am to be his mom. Tonight was one of those nights where he fell asleep in my arms and I held him for a long time after. I thought about the past 18 months, and the painful, magical process of learning how to be a mom. I adore my teacher. Sometimes he throws himself down on the floor and yells at me. But oh, he's loveable. 

I love that I get to kiss his tears away, squeal along with him when he's excited, boogie down to his favorite tunes, and little by little, show him how to be a man. It hit me again tonight, as it does from time to time. 

Being a mama is awesome. 
Really, those moments are straight up magic.

5 comments:

Tia Bowen Films said...

aw, made me tear up. and it doesn't hurt that your babe is the cutest

Dan and Dee said...

I don't know why I wait and read your blog after several entries (dare I say months?) BUT I love to catch up on your family. Wonderful advances for Taylor. Good luck on the job hunting process.
Your sweet little guy is a model, he is so cute. I also have to agree with how sad it is to have company leave, but on the side of being the one that is always leaving, that is sad too! Waking up in a hotel, or when you get home and not hearing your grandchild holler, "Gma, I'm awake, come and get me!" is something much to be missed!
Did you see that JJ, Chaliese AND Tiana are expecting girls? May, June, July...I can hardly wait!!!
ps did you get the picture of your mom I sent?

Foulgers said...

Awwww, youre the best mama ever

Jo said...

I know exactly how you feel! X O

n.davis said...

you are an awesome mama!
i know how you feel though, it's the best thing ever being a mommy!


your little guy is adorable! such a sweetheart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails