Little sis came for a visit!
She must have packed sunshine in her suitcase, because we enjoyed crazy warm weather for February. Beckham LOVED having her here. He wanted her with him 24/7. And who can blame him? Everyone needs an Auntie Al in their life.
Plenty of fun was had!
While she was here, Lani got to fulfill her lifelong dream of being in two places at once. I don't think it gets more exciting than being in Nebraska AND Iowa at the same time. That's right folks, we make dreams happen here in O-town.
See that smile on her face? It's from the perfect mix of sweet and salty chocolate at Jones Bros Cupcakes, one of my favorite places in Omaha. This was a new flavor from their stint on Cupcake Wars, and the deliciousness . . . forget about it. We went back for more the next day.
Taylor came back into town from a trial competition in Oregon just in time to take us out for an early Valentine's Day dinner.
![]() |
| Valentine's day 2011 will forever be the day B began his love affair with salsa. |
Then it was back to class for Tay, so Alaina and I snuggled in the candlelight, eating chocolate covered strawberries and watching Anastasia and America's Funniest Home Videos. Tia, you were missed, especially during Bartok's lines.
Then it was time to send her home.
Isn't it a bummer when a visitor leaves? You come home to an empty house that seems extra quiet (even with a spastic toddler running amuck) and the bed looks so lonely, and there are still marks on the carpet from their luggage, and you feel kind of . . . sad? It's especially sad when that visitor cleans, changes diapers, wins all sorts of horse races, and has sweet dance moves! Like I said, everyone needs an Auntie Al in their life.
If you would like to borrow Auntie Al for yourself, I accept cash, checks, and red wine red velvet chocolate chip cupcakes.










4 comments:
I need an auntie al. I will pay you 7 sugar cookies (with butter in them). I am jealous and wish i could've been there to quote demetri. After all these years, do you still have a crush on him?? hottest cartoon character? Your cupcake picture is truly devine... as is the shot of lani. and Beck with the salsa! HA!
I will meet Tia's 7 sugar cookies and I will raise you 3 of those red wine red velvet chocolate chip cupcakes that sound amazing....I don't even have kids but I just want an auntie al in my life. sounds like a fun little visit you had! I love all your pics. love. them.
Super cute post. Its always fun having sisters around. Glad she could come and visit you for a few days. Those cupcakes look amazing!
You have such a darling family. Your sister is so cute, and such a fun aunt!! glad you are doing so well!
Post a Comment