Twas heaven to be with the family. B still walks around the house looking for his fans, and I always feel bad when he realizes he's now stuck with just his mama.
Twas our last year to have 3 weeks off for Christmas, so we soaked every cozy moment up.
We ate a lot. We sang a lot. We laughed a lot, and we ate some more. We sewed stockings, Christmas bowties, and sang a lot of carols at my sweet Grandma's house.
We went to what we thought was the Judd's Christmas concert. No Christmas songs were sung. My sisters and I had a pretty mean jam out session to "No one else on Earth" and then called it a day.
We watched our Christmas movies, drank our wassail, wore our jammies, and crossed the rest of our traditions off our list.
We went to what we thought was the Judd's Christmas concert. No Christmas songs were sung. My sisters and I had a pretty mean jam out session to "No one else on Earth" and then called it a day.
We watched our Christmas movies, drank our wassail, wore our jammies, and crossed the rest of our traditions off our list.
One of my favorite parts of Christmas in St. George was the nightly concerts they had at the tabernacle. Nothing brings the Christmas spirit more than the sounds of the season. B loved this as much as his mama . . . the highlight of his Christmas was leading the music while people sang and making sure he was the first to clap every. single. time.
Beckham loved the music, but was not impressed by presents. He just wanted to run around, and play. Want to see our sleepy-eyed family picture on Christmas morning?
I know. How dare we bring him inside to open presents.
He loved sitting in his Great Grandma's chair though. Pretty sure this kid thinks he's a model with the way he poses for the camera.
I also loved having down time to read and relax. I plowed through The Hunger Games Series. Hated it at first, and the next thing I knew, I was hooked. My sisters and I might have spent our free time discussing who would win if the casts of Harry Potter, Twilight, Chuck, and The Hunger Games were thrown into the arena. I can't remember what we concluded, but it was somewhere along the lines of Bella whining a lot and Harry, Chuck, and Peeta being awesome. Go ahead and judge us. You know you want to throw your two cents in.
And just like every year, I was reminded of how much I adore my family spread all across the country/globe. I already miss the glow and the warmth that comes with Christmas, but am so grateful for the memories that were made in 2010.





3 comments:
Very merry indeed. You forgot to add Chuck, Sarah, and Casey into the area. They are key players. I still think they wouldn't fight each other and President Snow would've been a gonner in the first CHAPTER!!! Pretty sure we got Lani hooked on Chuck now. Tell Beck it's ok... I walk around the house and Lubbock looking for my fans too, but to no luck. I still have "Squints to my Lou" stuck in my head a lot :)
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I know what you mean about the babies being surrounded by lots family who dote on them and then all of the sudden it's just mom, Caleb misses his attention as I'm sure Beckham does. I love the pic with B on the floor, isn't the tantrum phase so fun:(!
Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and stayed super busy! If you're ever not super busy when you come we should get together! (I know that's hard with 2 families to visit)
I love the Hunger Games! I also love the other series/shows you mentioned and won't judge you in the least for that scenario.
Post a Comment