And now it is Christmas time. Which also means finals time. Which means Taylor is MIA. Which means B and I jumped on a plane bound for Utah.
Tia flew in from Texas, M & D from Tokyo, and Lani Lou drove up from Zion. So what did we do first? We put on our "chocolate jammies" and headed over the Bowen's house for a candy making lesson from Deb. These recipes have been passed down over the years, and Tia has been lucky enough to marry in to this delicious, hand dipped chocolate goodness. I have always wanted to learn how to make chocolates, and so we jumped at the chance when Deb so kindly opened her home and expertise to us.
Take a looksie at the 8 hour process:
And here is our finished product. Christmas splendor.
Watch out, Hatch's, that's all I have to say.






8 comments:
oh yeah! So yummy. I love the bowen's chocolatey goodness...I'd love going down into the chocolate basement and picking out a few favs to munch on when ever I'd visit! You were indeed lucky to learn how! I'm so glad you are now here in utah! I'll hopefully get to see you tomorrow!?
oh dear. deb does not mess around when it comes to her chocolates! i love those! they are so divine! how sweet of her to do that with all of you! looks like a blasty! wish i could've seen you guys, hopefully after st george i can!
loves
britt
mmm looks DELICOUS! hope your vacation is filled with many more yummy memories!
Awww, I wanna join! I love all your aprons, well done scoff ladies.
looks amazing. I have been so in the mood for Chocolate and all of that looks so good. bring on the Christmas pounds!!
okay... yum. I am super duper hungry now!
My mom, sisters, and I did the same thing a few years ago! So fun!
YUMM-O! I sure as heck hope you pass some of your newly learned chocolate making skills to us midwesterners when you return. ;)
Post a Comment