Our month of merriment began at the Iowa State Fair. We figure we couldn't live this close and miss out on one of the "top 30 things every midwesterner should experience." So we took a little road trip. We stayed at a little farmhouse hotel on a 500 acre farm museum. It was also right next door to The Machine Shed restaurant where they served "farmhouse" portions that were bigger than our heads.
It was so cozy . . . indulging in comfort food, rocking on the front porch, and being in the heart of middle America with down home, good ol' folks. It was just what our little family needed.
Then it was off to the fair!
Little B's (big) head was on a swivel and I was on the hunt for all of the foods on a stick.
Behold, the cookie on a stick:
It was amazing. No really. Taylor even captured me having a moment with it. No shame here.


We topped the trip off the next day with a pitstop at Stella's Diner where they pour chocolate milkshakes on your head. Tay wasn't up for that, but I didn't care, as long as the milkshake eventually made it's way to my belly.

So, to sum up the trip, we ate a lot, walked a lot, took lots of pictures, ate some more, and checked the Iowa State Fair off of our midwest to-do list.








7 comments:
I almost cried when I saw this post! Cried because I missed the Iowas State Fair! Looked like so much fun. My favorite picture was the one of all three of you sitting in the rocking chairs! Such a cute photo! Have I mentioned that I love your kid?
Oh my gosh! Beck is starting to look so grown up! Such cute pictures! Love love love them! And love love love love you guys!
It looks like so much fun! I cant believe you let them pour a milkshake on your head...that is awesome!
I love how serious you are with that cookie! That looked like quite an intimate moment you were having. Good thing he caught it on camera and thanks for sharing it. :)
mmm...state fairs make me hungry for all that yummy guilty pleasure type of food. i love it! glad to see you guys are having so much fun, and making so many awesome memories!
I could almost taste your ice cream cookie sandwich from the look on your face. hmmyummahhh
The picture of you girls, back in the day, and now in the day, is great. I know it was a fun time for everyone that made it.
That cookie looks sooooooo freakin' good!! Oh man, I'm drooling.
Post a Comment