
Our celebrations probably looked a lot like yours: fireworks, friends, food, and lots of red, white, and blue. Heaven really, if you ask me.

Have I mentioned that we have gone and fallen in love with Omaha? Especially Omaha in the summer time. A few years ago, I was driving across the country with my dad and as we passed through Nebraska, I wrote in my journal that I would "never, ever live there". I was also never, ever going to marry a Utah boy, and I was going to be single until I was 30. Cut to 7 years later, and here I am in my late twenties, married for almost 4 years to a boy from Salt Lake, with a bebe who was brought into this world in Nebraska. And I couldn't think of any where else I would rather be right now, than somewhere in middle America, surrounded by corn and fireflies.
Who knows where we will be next July 4th? But as long we can dress up in patriotic gear, sing patriotic songs, eat a lot, and remember how lucky we are to live in a country like this, I'm pretty sure we'll be enjoying ourselves.


6 comments:
that's a great shot of back on tay's shoulders. He better learn to appreciate independence day in this family or aunties will all be upset.
good thing life doesn't always give us what we plan :) Love your cute little fam. Awesome yummy looking dessert you made, looks like it could be in a magazine.
Love those chubby little feet holding red, white and blue stars! Compare them with the skinny little feet in the picture on the far right. It's hard to remember a time when he wasn't around. What did we do to entertain ourselves???!
Teigan, love your attitude...sort of bloom where you are planted...
you all look great!
We love that we've been able to spend the last two Ind. Day's with you guys, its been fun. And I really hope you will be here for next year too! I get sad thinking you and the Doss's might be leaving next year...so don't.
what a fun fourth! you guys are just such amazing people! and your little guys is just adorable!!!
i can't wait for him and sophie to meet!
Post a Comment