like living at Hogwarts . . .
in a musical where everyone knows the words and dance moves and busts into spontaneous song . . .
and you can jump into the sidewalk drawings like on Mary Poppins . . .
and so on and so forth.
In my Food Network world I am a Throwdown/Cake Challenge judge and have the world's tastiest recipe for everything. In the real world, whenever I try a new recipe, I ask Tay if he thinks this should go down in my cookbook or if I should continue on my quest for perfection. And then we talk about what we would do differently like we actually know what we are talking about. Which we don't. But I have discovered one of my favorite salsa recipes to date. Of course it belongs to the Pioneer Woman, who doesn't love her? The Bensons are passionate about non-chunky salsa and feel very strongly that onions should not overpower everything else. So I was excited to see she felt the same way. Tay agreed and we are big fans of this recipe found here. If you have one that you think can beat it send it my way. We'll have our own little Throwdown.
Now I'm on to my next quest: chocolate chip cookies.
So far I've tried the America's Test Kitchen recipe, the good old Tollhouse recipe, the good ol' Tollhouse recipe with vanilla pudding instead of sugar (a tip from an old client of mine), a whole wheat recipe, and a favorite recipe we made growing up. All delicious. All different. And all fattening.
Anyway, I'm going to have a bake off and have some of my very hungry Nebraska friends be the judges. So if you have a chocolate chip cookie recipe I need to hear about please send it my way. I need a recipe that deserves a song and well choreographed dance that I can share with my friends before we seize the day.
I know a lot of you who are muy talented in the kitchen. So share your talent with me!
One for all, and ALL FOR ONE.
P.S. To those of you USU girls who used to clog with me to this song . . . we really need to do that again. It's not as fun by myself.
11 comments:
oh my I miss those days of dancing to Newsies and all our sweet chair moves! Avery is doing her gymnastics routine to I'm the king of New York and i was giddy when I found that out! Let me know if you find a great cookie recipe, I need one!
These are my absolute favorite ones that I love to share with the world. Super soft and yummy. Have fun!
http://zumfressen.blogspot.com/2008/12/classic-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
BIG MISTAKE! Reading your blog at 10:15 at night....and now I am hungry for salsa! And cookies! Thanks a lot Teigan.
use butter flavored crisco in place of the butter or crisco in the recipe. they taste buttery and they stay soft. yum! yum!
ooh, my friends were talking about the 'most amazing recipe EVER' for chocolate chip cookies. i'll have to steal it from her and pass it along to you. :)
oh, and i'm the same way..songs, hogwarts and happiness all around. :)
So I have 2 recipes for you to try, first one is Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: 1 c shortening or butter, 1 c sugar 1 c brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla 2 1/2 c oatmeal, 2 1/2 c flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 pkg milk chocolate chips, 1/2 pkg white chocolate chips, 1/2 c chopped walnuts. Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes, I sometimes find they are a little dry so I add a bit less oatmeal. Also, if you want to try them a little healthier us 1/2 c butter and 1/3 c nonfat plain yogurt, 3/4 c sugar, and 3/4 c brown sugar (still great taste without so much fat).
Second recipe is on the hungry bloggers website http://hungryhungrybloggers.blogspot.com/2009/10/rebecca-duncans-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
yummy but the whole pkg of vanilla pudding was a bit much, maybe 1/2 or that pkg? Hope you have fun!
i have the best one EVER. i'll email it to you. . . if i still have your email address. . .
kay - i don't have your email address! here is the recipe:
pecan chocolate chip cookies
1 cup butter (NOT margarine :) )
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
combine butter and sugar. beat in egg and vanilla. add dry ingredients and mix well. bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
DELISH.
Thanks a lot -- this makes me hungry for any of the above recipes! But it's hard to find homemade chocolate chip cookies in Bangkok. They might be laced with fish bowels (a popular item on the menus here) or smothered in spicy chili sauce. I'll wait and have you make a batch of the best for me in April. X O
Sounds like a fun project. Go to my recipe website and try Subarashi Chocolate Chip Cookies.
http://grammybammy.blogspot.com/search/label/Cookies
So, I agree with most of the above comments. It was 10:30 and I seriously wanted some great salsa and yummy cookies; but not together of course. I'm still trying to find the perfect recipe but this thesis (http://www.chow.com/stories/12087) I came across talks about how to make it the best cookie no matter what the recipe. It is definitely a science!
Good luck!
Post a Comment