7.06.2009

4th of July


Sparklers!
Firework stands.
Water balloon volleyball.
Parades.
BBQ's.
Rain (boo).
Watermelon. Fresh Nebraska Corn on the Cob. Cherries.
Pie baking contests.
Fireflies.
Friends.
Neil Diamond.

Man, I love this holiday. You can't help but celebrate it all week (or month) long.



We had a rainy, cool Independence Day this year, which ruined our water party plans, but sure made this large, always hot lady happy.

Tyler was fascinated by the fireworks.


Lots of wind + backfiring Roman Candle = hole in shirt.
Plus, this outfit makes me look like Sponge Bob Square Pants. Just noticed that. 

I made a Berry Trifle. Minus the layer of beef sauteed with peas and onions.



We saw the best fireworks this year . . . I love that fireworks are legal here, and they were EVERYWHERE. The entire horizon sparkled until about 2 AM.  We just sat on the Mo's front porch, looking over the cornfields, and took it all in. I could not get enough! 


We are proud to be Americans!


9 comments:

Jade and Michael said...

Looks like you had a great day! And I love your Red-White-and Blue clothing!

Emilee Porter said...

You seriously are one of the cutest pregnant girls I've ever seen! You are glowing. Can't believe that you only have about a month to go ...

Erin Page said...

Love that you mentioned Neil Diamond...Its not the fourth without hearing "We're comin' to America" sounding from every radio station. Sure do love and miss you guys out here! Glad you had a great holiday!

P.S. you look adorable Teig!

Jo said...

Looks sooo fun! No fireworks or flag waving here in Tokyo, but we did go for an all day bike ride! Fun! X O

Stacy Ellison said...

I just love the 4th of july in omaha! it is my favorite. looks like you managed to have some fun even though we had rain! they dessert looked delicious! yum

Unknown said...

We had a lot of fun! I guess i better get on posting my pictures before Christmas. haha Can you email me some copies of the group pic and the one of Tyler?
Oh and the spongebob comment had me laughing. :)

kdance said...

You're lookin' so cute, girl! How far along are you now??? And, can I please have some of that trifle next time? Feel free to bring one up to Pokey any time :)

Corbo and Trav Hanson said...

Teigan-that trifle looks AMAZING!!! How is the pregnancy? You are almost there right?!

Dan and Dee said...

What fun, and Neil Diamond ta boot! Wow! My dad would've LOVED that!
Your dessert looks so scrumptious...I am glad you thought to take a picture of it.
Good luck with the next few weeks Teigan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails