3.17.2009

Everything's Up to Date in Kansas City



Next stop on our tour of the lovely Midwest: Kansas City. Last week was Tay's spring break, so we packed up Friday evening for a quick weekend roadtrip.  Man, spring break's just aren't what they used to be when you can't pull your husband away from his studies for more than a day. Not that I'm complaining. Too much.

I couldn't talk him into Harry Potter this time around so we listened to John Adams on the way down (thanks Tia and Alaina). Kansas City is known for BBQ, jazz, and fountains so we set out to find all three. 



In the meantime Tay had some of the best BBQ he's ever had, though at 17 weeks, the baby has decided to go vegetarian and I couldn't stomach any of it. But I did discover a chocolate factory and Wizard of Oz feature. I may or may not have cut in front of the kids to sample the fudge and follow the yellow brick road. 


We were also able to see more church history sites, stopping off in Liberty, Independence, and Adam-ondi-Ahman. It is a blessing to be so close to places with such rich history. 



Gotta love the classic camera timer picture with Taylor's head cut off and me in mid run!

It was a wonderfully relaxing, somewhat warm getaway with the husband. So nice to recharge. 

And now we're back, and just returning from a St. Patrick's Day picnic in glorious 65 degree weather.  My poor pasty skin needs to see some more sunshine. We'll take what we can get. 

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

13 comments:

n.davis said...

you guys are so cute. I love how festive you are with each holiday.

{i'm also glad to hear my baby isn't the only vegitarian, mine still doesn't like any meat. haha.}

Kira Jay said...

Sounds like you had a fun spring break! I love good BBQ!
Pete's Spring Break is this week and I don't think we are going anywhere. It's nice to have a week where husbands aren't in school all week though!
How are you feeling minus the fact that the baby doesn't like meat?

Julie said...

Teigan KC is my place!! I'm SO JEALOUS. Did you go to the Plaza? Were you on the Kansas or Missouri side? Oh man, we're finally going back in June, I can't WAIT! Cute pics, you look darling you preggers girl. You don't look FAT one bit, your size 2 pants still fit you just fine. :)

Miss(Michelle) said...

Hey the white skin makes you look more Irish.
When are you going to show. I want a tummy pic soon.
I craved hamburgers everytime I was PG...and you can't eat a hamburger without french fries. Maybe that is why I still have 15 lbs to go.
Eat up!!!

Megan said...

I totally don't judge you for cutting in front of kids for fudge. The baby wants what it wants!

Unknown said...

That's horrible that your baby decided to go veg on you....mine still LOVED meat, they just didn't like to see it raw....so poor casey had to cook the food every night. And cutting in front of the kids.....do it all the time...but blame it on my own kids ( you're going to LOVE when he/she comes out and you can use them as your scape goat!)

Kipp and Ashlee said...

What a fun trip! P.S. Your bangs are fun, too. So cute.

Noel Family said...

Dude, you don't even have a tummy yet! So unfair! :) Although, with the first baby it does take a while for it to show so I won't get too jealous ;)

Jade and Michael said...

Love your bangs! I didn't know you cut them! I love the St Patty's celebration!

Brandi said...

You guys are adorable...always having so much FUN! I love the bangs too, way cute!

Tia Bowen Films said...

i enjoy that skirt you have on for st. patty's day. looks like a pretty cool trip actually.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! We are sooo excited and happy for you! I just told Zion and he almost pooped his pants. He ran around the house screaming and jumping up and down!! "Yes, another one takes the plunge!" Congratulations!!

Stacia Cummings said...

Kansas city. Now why was that never on the list for Spring Break in college? It looks like a lovely place. And don't talk about sunshine. We are still in the dead of winter here. Totally jealous that you still get a spring break and where is your baby bump?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails