10.07.2008

So Long Sweet Summer



We stumbled upon you and gratefully basked in your rays.




We will miss you.

But with the fall comes football, changing leaves, that smell in the air, and the GLORIOUS holidays that celebrate food!

This is how we said goodbye to our summ
er:

1. Football.






We went to the Nebraska vs. Missouri game last weekend. Tay was practically skipping around the stadium, I don't think I have ever seen him so giddy. Apparently we were also so excited our skin turned pink.


This was the release of the balloons during Nebraska's one and only touchdown. They got killed. But we made a lot of fan friends. Even if they were all highly intoxicated.

2. General Conference.



Isn't conference weekend the best? I always hate to have it over.

3. Dress up.




These are my friends. I used to talk to them when I was stuck on the couch nursing a broken ankle and Tay was burying his nose in books. They too are excited for Halloween.

So welcome fall, we love you. Let the holiday season begin!

P.S. Name the band that sings the song in this post and I will pay you five dollars. And sing you the rest of the song in person.


8 comments:

Monique and Michael said...

dang, I am so up for your challange, but I can't hear the music at work...so I'll have to get back to you when I am home...oh, and I take the you made a good choice with the tickets :)

Cory, Sarah and Grace said...

Dashboard Duh! Give me something hard =)

Stacy Ellison said...

oh (sniff-sniff) i miss summer already. maybe it is because i know what is to come! yikes. i was wondering...is that how taylor watches conference! :) and yes, we should definitely get together and make goodies! YUM

The Church's said...

Summer is still here in Vegas, ha ha. I am also excited for the fall and holidays!! You guys are sooo awesome!! I miss you

Ali said...

I happened upon your site through Andy and Kelly's. I'm another of those trillions of Springer cousins! We are living in Missouri, just outside of Kansas City. So, welcome to the midwest! We've been here 3 years after leaving Utah, and there was definitely an adjustment period, but we love it now. If you ever come down to the church sites around here, let us know. I'd love to play tour guide and free hotel! We live 10 minutes from Liberty Jail and 20 minutes from Independence, right inbetween them and Far West/Adam-Ondi-Ahman. Plus, Pres. Monson just announced we get a temple! Tell my cousin hello! BTW, our family blog is ellefsen-family.blogspot.com.

Chambers Family said...

total bummer that summer is over...however fall has many great things in store. Make sure you get in touch with us when you come home for the holidays....PLEASE!

tyandrach said...

Teigan,

It's dashboard confessionals, and I didn't even have to hear the song to know that. You can keep the $5, but I expect an in person solo when Rachael and I see you again.

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Dashboard... do I still get the 5 bucks even though I'm not the first one to name it? I would like a return policy on the personal serenade, though, please.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails