10.26.2008

How to have a . . .



Fall Break/Anniversary get-away.

1.) Take a train to Chicago. Enjoy the scenery (corn) and beautiful fall foliage on the drive. Cheer on husband while he studies. To keep self busy, rotate between pretending you are on Hogwarts Express and singing about snow  a la "White Christmas" in the dining car.  


2.) See the sights. 

Deep dish pizza . . . Check.
Garrett's Popcorn . . . check.
John Hancock building . . . check.
Magnificent mile for some magnificent (and unfortunately only window) shopping . . . check. 
Lake Michigan and the Chicago River . . . Check.






3.) See a fabulous show on Broadway, even if you are the last two people on the planet to see it. Get a little misty-eyed as Elphaba sings about Defying Gravity, and then try to hide it from husband when the lights come back on. 



4.) More deep dish pizza and popcorn. More trains, singing Wicked the whole way home. Wonder why you were not blessed with the talents of a broadway star.

5.) Get home, ready to burn your giant walking boot because you no longer need it. Then change your mind because you are too tired from frolicking around Chicago without said boot. Make plans to be able to run again by Christmas. Listen to more Wicked for inspiration. 

Count blessings. 

Love husband.

More pizza.

11 comments:

Sara and Company said...

Looks like you were one of the last 3 who have not seen the "wickedly good" performance....now down to one! Sigh. One day. However, I'm pretty sure I won't be lucky enough to drag my hubby into that show. Enter the girlfriends! Dreaming, dreaming, dreaming!

So glad you had what sounds like a truly fabulous weekend! Fun fun!

the peine's said...

What a fun weekend. Don't worry...I haven't seen Wicked either but it sure is on my list for when I am in London!

Stacy Ellison said...

Sounds like fun. I'm a little offended that brandon and i weren't invited :) we have always wanted to go to chicago. but mostly I wish i could of heard your snow song! I bet it was lovely. I love that movie!

Whitney said...

sounds like your trip was fun! I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT SOMEONE ELSE GOT TEARY DURING DEFYING GRAVITY!!!!!!! I cried... it was amazing! I love love love that show!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

K, you're planning my next anniversary.

Julie said...

How fun! I want to go to Chicago... glad you guys had a good time. And you aren't the last 2 people on the planet to see Wicked, Spencer and I are! I'm still waiting. . . love the pictures AND you guys!

Casey & LaTisha said...

Tay & Teigan, this is Casey ... we didn't even know you were in Nebraska. I thought you were a "lifer" in Logan. I like to make fun of blogs but sometimes they really do serve a purpose. Good to see you guys are doing well. We actually went out to Chicago in August and had a great time. It looks like you did too, but it looked a little colder for you. Good luck with school and keep in touch.

Heather said...

That sounds like such a fun get a way! I need to plan one soon. I am glad you liked Wicked.

Stacy Ellison said...

I think we need to go shopping. I'm in need of a little fashion boost in a bad way! Let's just say I'm stuck in a rut and you could shove me out of it. Up to it?

Erin Page said...

Love wicked! And I totally understand getting misty eyed cause I will admit I did too!

kdance said...

Oh, man! Now I'm really homesick for the Midwest. Wasn't Wicked amazing? Yes, I got very teary-eyed many times. Did you get pizza at Gino's or Giordonnos? I like Gino's, but Dave likes the latter. Oh, man--I love Chicago. Glad you're living it up and seeing all the sights!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails