7.20.2008

The Start of Goodbyes

Now we've begun the farewell process and it's sad! We have both finished up at work and are packing up the house and it's weird! Exciting but weird. And when I say "we" packing up the house, I mean Tay.  I picked a really good time to be stuck in my La-Z boy and have Tay take care of everything. Thank goodness for him.  Here's another overload of pictures from about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I am large and in charge, front and center in my wheelchair in most of them!








  • Scoffield family BBQ courtesy of Shirley and Cal and my awesome aunts and uncles and cousins.
  • My sister Alaina brought her enormous dog Moose to keep us company 
  • My mom came into town a few days early to help out and she has been a lifesaver! 
  • The girls at work had a little lunch for me and gave me the cutest gift basket. I am really going to miss them! I also managed to fall out of my wheelchair that day. There's a good mental picture for ya if you're having a bad day . . . just take a few seconds and think of me reaching over to pick up a piece of paper and tipping over. I hope you get as a good a laugh out of it as I did.
  • Brian and Shalee made us their famous smoked brisket, which as a Texan I found amazing so it must be good. Brian loves his smoker and we love his homemade BBQ sauce. We are going to miss the great friends we have made in the ward!
  • Jer and Stacia brought their cute little guy over for a visit! 


My leg seems to be getting better every week and I am THRILLED about that. I feel incredibly lucky when I think about what could have happened. My doctor couldn't believe that with the severity of my break (technically called a tri-malleolar fracture), I didn't tear any ligaments or that the bone didn't pop through the skin.  I will hopefully be able to walk by October and will make a full recovery within 12-18 months.  That was super hard to hear at first but now I am just so glad that I will be able to recover and be back to my old stuff. Some people don't get that lucky.  Anyway, enough of that. I just feel blessed. 

Another round of goodbyes  to come . . .


1 comment:

Emilee Porter said...

I'm glad that you can laugh about falling out of the wheelchair too, because that was the funniest dang moment ever at work!

Do you guys have a night available this week?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails