We spent Memorial Day at Mamma B's house in Tabiona with the whole Benson fam! It's a miracle when we can get everyone's schedules to match up and all 33 (and growing) of us can be together. Ever since Dick died, it has become a tradition to celebrate there together, reminisce, eat, and race boats down the river behind the house. Last year we put in his military headstone and this year we decorated it. Since I didn't get to know Dick very well before he passed away, I love being able to hear stories and see so much of him in his kids. He and Kathy raised some pretty cool people.

Boat races! Props to Kris, who won. Not only did her boat win, it was the only one that made it to the finish line.

We were out in the yard taking a family picture when Ben, my eight year old nephew announced he wanted to "be married" to me "under the metal." How could a girl say no to that?

For you southerners . . . when it was our turn to cook . . . jambalaya, red beans and rice, cornbread and honey butter. Mmmhmmm.

Sunset on the river . . . life is good.


We love you Dick . . . hope we can live to make you proud of the legacy you started!
10 comments:
cute pics! What do you mean sweatshirt and jeans ??? :) You look adorable. That picture of Tay's dad is incredible.
What a great weekend!!! I miss Tabi-we will have to join you sometime. That picture of Dick is wonderful who did it?
That looks like it was so much fun! I got a little something in the mail from u guys! That onesie is so dang cute! It'll probably fit him here in the next little bit! Thanks so much for thinking of us!
How fun! I love family reunions, they are the best. sounds like a great weekend!
You guys are cute together :) It looks like you had a blast with the family...I want some of your Southern cooking...YUM!
That picture of Dick almost made me cry! Who drew that? It is exactly how I remember him. I'm so glad you guys all get together to celebrate his life. I'm sure that is somethink Kathy will always treasure.
That is a very nice Memorial Weekend. What a special time to be with your husband and his family.
Sounds like a great Memorial Weekend. I am sure Taylor's Dad would be very proud of his family! Especially that they all enjoy getting together and playing with eachother. That in itself is proof of a job well done!
I love Dick too...he seemed like a really nice guy. I'm sure he is way proud of you two especially!! It sounds like you all had a wonderful memorial weekend
I love the picture of Uncle D. The Bensons are a very cool bunch! See you guys in a few!
Post a Comment