11.11.2007

The Giving of Thanks, Gratitude, Sending Props... by Tay

Fall is a great time of year for more reasons than football. I had to think really, really hard to remember what those are, but this is what I came up with: (this is what I am thankful for at the Thanksgiving time)

*Cool, crisp air- and snow in the mountains
*I can drink hot chocolate again, and not feel stupid about it
*Family get-togethers that revolve around turkey, stuffing, rolls, cranberries, yams, and that frozen appetizer stuff that you put in 7-UP
*Hanging out in the kitchen with Teigan making pumpkin muffins and listening to Joseph and Les Miserables
*Taking time out of crazy schedules to stop and think about all there is to be thankful for
*Family- wow, good family can make all the difference
*Teigan- life is so much fun with her. She is fun, caring, understanding, let's me watch football on Saturdays, is an exceptionally dynamic conversationalist, and reminds me to read my scriptures at night. Really, I'm thankful that she makes me better- just by being around her. That's huge. Not to mention when she gets a kick to cook tasty treats.
*A good illustration of why I love Teigan was on Wednesday when she had a thought to give something to a neighbor, and in spite of her comfort level, did it. It turned out to be just what that person needed, as she opened up (aided by some probing questions) and unloaded for an hour or so. Approachable, understanding, and charitable... that's how I like my women.
*Coming home to a warm house

I'm about to wind down on a Sunday night with Teigan, some cider, comfy pants, a movie, and if I play my cards right, a big bowl of popcorn. Not bad.

More Thanksgiving thoughts to come.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails