1.06.2012

Christmas Aftermath




Christmas was wonderful, as always. This year was fun because we got to spend it in Tokyo with my parents. I felt such gratitude for Christ and what this fabulous holiday season is all about, perhaps this year, more than ever. And seeing that pure excitement in sweet Beckham's eyes this year about did me in.

Beckham did surprisingly well on the 12 hour flight thanks to lots of treats, movies, and books.  I thought the long flight would cure him of his airplane obsession, but I'm pretty sure it did the opposite. He now kindly requests a "pwane wide" every morning. He also bounced back from the 17 hour time difference like a champ. Taylor and me, not so much.

Chistmas Eve in Roppongi Hills
Sweet views from Mori Tower
After a delicious dinner at Gonpaucho
We loved Tokyo, as always, and loved seeing my parents get around and communicate with ease (for the most part). Getting to drag B around with us was the cherry on top. He made Japanese girlfriends every where he went.

 I need the Japanese people to teach me how they raise such quiet, calm children. But if I can have those kissy cheeks, I'll take loud and wild any day.
We got home on New Years Day and the past week has consisted of me staring at the piles of laundry, lonely running shoes, and Christmas decorations that are being ignored. I have the sneaking suspicion, it's going to involve some sort of effort on my part.

2 comments:

Foulgers said...

So much fun! And I'm so jealous of your world traveling, I miss your fam!

Unknown said...

So fun! I too am jealous of your world traveling! I can't believe how big Beckham is getting! sheesh, tell the boy to stop! miss you guys

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails