We had Beckham's birthday party a few weeks ago, before Tay went back to school.
As I thought about some of Beck's favorite things, I realized how many of them start with "B". So that became his theme. It worked out perfect with Beckham, birthdays, balloons, etc. Any excuse to celebrate and throw a party! And I figure I might as well enjoy it this year because soon enough he'll be requesting Elmo or Dora.
We had his party at a Splash Pad in our neighborhood. That way the kids could eat, sing to Beck, and be on their way to the fun in the water.
We did the B theme for the food:
BBQ:
Mini hotdogs,
BBQ chips in buckets
Baby Food:
Mini PB&J's
Baby watermelons (raspberry jello in lime rinds, cut to look like watermelon)
Baby cupcake sandwiches served in old baby food jars (they had to eat those with baby spoons)
Bug Juice:
Mixture of grape juice, lemon-lime, and apple juice (that ironically enough became the watery grave of many a honeybee). I guess they like juice too.
and of course,
Birthday Cake:
We made a Beckham sized smash cake for the Birthday Boy.
(Thanks for your help Stacy!)
It's a miracle any of the food stayed on the table. It was a very windy day and I just gave up on the decorating after a few failed attempts.
Some of Beckham's good Buddies.
The one (fake) smile I got out of Beck with his Birthday hat on.
( I love any excuse to celebrate so I made "B" t-shirts for the three of us to wear. Taylor mocks me. I don't care).
The kids took home wooden bird whistles as favors. Beckham loves birds. I'm pretty sure all of the parents loved us for that one.

Beck loved his Birthday song and all of the attention.
But he was not interested in his cake. He could not understand why we were forcing it in his face, when he wanted to crawl around and mingle with his guests :).
At least Tay and I enjoyed some cake.
Finally, success. We knew he liked it when he stuck his foot in it.
Again, with the Birthday hat, Mom? I made him put it on again yesterday.
There, that's much better.
We ended the day with another birthday song. Both grandmas (in Japan and Utah) got to sing to Beckham at the same time. He was really engrossed in his birthday waffle though.
It was a wonderful day of reminiscing, and counting our blessings. We sure love this little man, and feel lucky to be his parents. We are also so lucky to have such fantastic friends to celebrate with.
Thank you to so many who helped make such a special occasion for us, even more merry.
One year down . . .
We love you B.
















10 comments:
So cute. Where did you get those ideas for the food? I love it! I'm starting to think about what to do about Brody's. Any good websites to check out?
i like the pictures of him in his crib.. funny lil guy. and i like the banners. The party food looks mighty good right about now. wish we couldve been there to part-ay. gotta gear up for tay's brthday in 2 days!
Happy Birthday! Looks like one heck of a party. I
what a cute party! How creative! Happy Birthday Beckham!
Holy Super mom! Seriously woman are you serious? You're awesome, my kids will never be getting anything close to that cool on any of their birthdays. Everything looked amazing, you guys are the cutest little family, time to have more. And what kind of camera do you have? your pictures always look so great. Good luck with the upcoming school year, last one?
xoxo
michelle
Happy Birthday! Yay - can't believe that he is already 1! Such an adorable theme. You are so very creative Teigan!
WOW Teigan, not surprised that you went ALL out! You need to be a PARTY PLANNER!!!!!! Seriously, with the way you love holidays. :) Love it.
He is so cute! I loved seeing the pictures and hearing about all the fun things you did. Looks like a total blast. Hannah had an Elmo cake....... its already started and she's only 2! Hope you got it out of your system having a classy, cute party!
ok - stop. i can't believe how CUTE you made his first birthday!!!! i'll be sure to never show this to my kids, heh. well done - seriousl adorable party!!!
What a great Party!! You are so creative, I am always asking Tia what new ideas you are coming up with because they are always darling! Beck is so cute.
ummm this is kinda to die for. you are too good.
Post a Comment